This is a two-day course for professionals or those aspiring to become professional curtain track, pole and blind fitters.
Curtain and Blind tracks and poles are rarely fitted into a wooden window frame, so we have a purpose built wall with a combination of structural elements inside it: metal lintel, concrete, breezeblock, brick, cavity wall etc. You will learn how to identify what you are drilling into and the appropriate fixing to be used, how to bend and cord-up tracks for both domestic and commercial applications, including tracks for multiple sets of curtains and how to dress the curtains so that they look their best.
You will also be given information on insurance and how to cost your labour as well as information on the new Child Safety for Blinds Requirements so that you can be sure that the blinds that you fit comply fully with the new legislation.
This course is accredited by the Association of Master Upholsterers & Soft Furnishers (AMUSF).
1. Introduction: course outline and housekeeping
2. Health & Safety issues including towers, scaffolding and working at heights
3. Working on domestic and commercial sites
4. Tool requirements: measuring and types of fittings
5. Exploring the variety of curtain suspension systems and various types of blind fittings
6. Understanding the new Child Safety for Blinds Regulations
7. Measuring and fitting at bay windows, arched windows and other more difficult shapes
8. Practical session:
• Fitting into various types of building materials
• Bending of tracks
• Making up covered boards and laths
• Advanced curtain hanging techniques including pelmets and draperies etc
9. How to cost time and labour effectively, including complex projects
10. Question and Answer Session