1. Introduction: course outline and housekeeping
& Safety issues including towers, scaffolding and working at heights
on domestic and commercial sites
requirements: measuring and types of fittings
Exploring the variety of curtain suspension systems and various types of blind fittings
Understanding the new Child Safety for Blinds Regulations
Measuring and fitting at bay windows, arched windows and other more difficult shapes
up covered boards and laths
9. Advanced curtain hanging techniques including pelmets and draperies etc
10. Practical session:
Fitting into various types of building materials
• Bending of tracks
11. How to
cost time and labour effectively, including complex projects
Question and Answer Session
By making a payment you confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions as detailed below
By making payment of the appropriate course fee you agree to the following terms and
- Course Times: 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Tea and coffee, equipment & materials are supplied.
- Please bring a packed lunch with you as we only have basic kitchen facilities here.
- Students should be aware that these courses require an element of lifting, carrying, bending and standing and that our
workshop is on the first floor.
- All reservations are subject to availability with minimum numbers required to run the course.
- Written cancellations received two weeks prior to the event will receive a full refund less an administration charge of
£25. After this time no refunds or course
deferments will be given.
- Wendy Shorter Interiors reserves the right to cancel a course in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or because
minimum numbers have not been reached. In these circumstances an alternative date may be offered or a full refund will be given.
- Except where expressly stated to the contrary, all prices are subject to VAT at the appropriate rate as dictated by
HMRC. A VAT receipt will be issued following settlement of course fees.
- Course materials (unless marked as copyright of any other person) and images and photographs displayed in our training
materials or on our website(s) are copyright of Wendy Shorter Interiors and must not be copied or reproduced in any form under any circumstances without the express permission of Wendy Shorter
- Any video or recorded material in any form taken of Wendy Shorter, Course Tutors or other employees of Wendy Shorter
Interiors whilst demonstrating during a course or otherwise in connection with the services offered by Wendy Shorter Interiors must not be reproduced, copied or distributed in any form or on any
medium, including social networking sites, under any circumstances without the express written permission of Wendy Shorter Interiors.
- Wendy Shorter Interiors reserves the right to photograph students and their work
- All students agree to familiarise themselves with and to follow all health and safety procedures and requirements in order
to safeguard themselves and others around them and to follow all instructions posted in the workrooms or given by the Course Tutors.
- When you contact Wendy Shorter Interiors you give permission under the terms of the General Data Protection Regulations
for Wendy Shorter Interiors to hold and process information about you
- Wendy Shorter Interiors keeps your personal information securely and abides by the General Data Protection
Regulations. We do not pass on an individual’s details unless required by law. We may share information you provide with the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers and any
relevant government agency. Beyond this, however, Wendy Shorter Interiors will not sell, rent, trade or give away any personal information or email lists to third parties without first
obtaining that user’s consent.
- Wendy Shorter Interiors may send you emails to notify you about new services on offer, updates and features on the
website. You may opt out or unsubscribe at anytime.
- These terms and conditions, and any contract concluded between a student and Wendy Shorter Interiors, and any dispute in
contract or tort in connection with the services provided by Wendy Shorter Interiors shall be governed by English law.