GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
collect about you when you use our website or contact us by phone, email or other correspondence. This policy outlines what information we collect, how it is stored and what it is used for. It
is our policy not to use any personal information for any purpose other than which it is intended to conduct our business and provide you with information on our courses and
This policy and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are designed to protect individual’s
information. Business contacts and information are considered to be in the public domain and therefore not covered. The GDPR is in force from 25th May 2018.
- We will collect basic identification
information such as your name and contact details. This will be used for:
- Electronic delivery of emails, newsletters
and any other internally generated information relating to the courses and services that we offer.
- To administer our accounts and billing
- The supply of any services you request.
This may include passing details to third party suppliers with whom we have placed a purchase order on your behalf. That supplier may further share those details with third party couriers
- To meet our legal and regulatory
- Website usage information is collected
- With the exception of any external
organisations listed below we will not sell or share any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party:
- Association of Master Upholsterers &
Soft Furnishers (AMUSF) course related information only
- HM Revenue & Customs (as required by
- We would like to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you. You have the
right at any time to stop us from contacting. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us: email@example.com
- We will retain all given information on
the following basis:
- All information required to administer our
accounts system, including bank account details, are stored on Sage software which is encrypted and backed up to a cloud drive. All paper accounting information is routinely destroyed
after seven years.
- Our mailing data base is stored on the
Cloud via Constant Contact. You may unsubscribe and/or have your details deleted at any time.
- All other contact details and information
will be retained indefinitely either on a local hard drive or in paper form stored in locked filing cabinets.
- We will hold the information detailed in b
and c above so that we retain archived records of our customers as well as student attainment etc.
- As we sell courses and/or services via our
debit card details.
- Cookies are text files placed on your
computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use to the website and to compile statistical reports on
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove
cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
- We have to abide by the law of the land
and if information is legitimately requested by the Government or one of their agencies we will comply with any such request.
- You may at any time review or update any
personally identifiable information we hold. In the first instance please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take any
reasonable steps to confirm your identity before any such changes are made.
- Our website contains links to other
you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
- Wendy Shorter Interiors Ltd reserves the
right to alter, without notice, this policy if either required to under law or to improve services and benefits to our students and customers. The current policy will always remain available on our
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office if you think
there is a problem with the way we are handling your data: www.ico.org.uk
© Wendy Shorter Interiors Ltd 2018.