Business Set-Up Course
This is a one-day course giving advice and information on the things you should know about setting up and running a small upholstery or soft
- Sole Traders: What you must do
- Limited Companies & Partnerships
- Record Keeping
- Tax Returns
- Employing Staff
- Working from Home
- Health & Safety
- Terms and Conditions
- Overheads and Costings
- Promoting your business
- The Furniture & Furnishings (Fire)(Safety) Regulations 1988
- Understanding the fire regulations for Loose Covers
- Understanding the Child Safety for Blinds requirements
- Fabrics and Fabric Performance
- Understanding Consumer Law:
- Terms of Contract
- Sales of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)
- Sale of Goods and Services Act 1982
- Customer's Right to Cancel
- Resouces & Useful Contacts
Course Date: Wednesday 6th May 2015
Course Fee: £130 inclusive of VAT
Download the Application Form, make your cheque payable to Wendy Shorter Interiors Limited and send to Coursers Farm, Coursers Road, Colney Heath, AL4
by Bank Transfer - complete the Application Form and email us for our bank details
We will contact you to confirm your place on the course.
- Course Times: 9.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Please bring something for your lunch with you.
- Course fees are non-refundable.
- Wendy Shorter Interiors Limited reserves the right to cancel or alter course dates.
- Course fees will be refunded if a course is cancelled by Wendy Shorter Interiors Limited.
- The content of this course, including course material, gives general information only and at a recent date so far as is practicable. Course
Tutors are not lawyers or accountants. It is not intended to give a comprehensive analysis on any subject. Such course content should not be used as a substitute for legal, accountancy or
other professional advice, which should be obtained from appropriate professionals in specific circumstances. No warranty or representation is given that such course content is free from
inaccuracies or omissions, or that it is up to date.
- By submitting the application form and/or making payment you confirm that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions attached to the
"This course, taken by Wendy herself, was full of advice and information for those wanting to start their own small business in upholstery or soft
furnishings. Wendy shared her vast wealth of knowledge and experience." - Julie E – Harpenden